Thursday, May 04, 2006

Well, true to my word I gave myself the rest of the day off from Magic cards yesterday. Instead I got my VHS movies up, as well as a couple of video games. Then I decided to start on my Dad's audiobooks.

Between last night and this morning so far, I have catalogued and put up for sale two boxes of audiobooks. I have two more to go, then everything my Dad gave me will be up and available. At least I will feel like I've accomplished something!

Tomorrow I'll probably get back to the Magic cards, but today will be another "Magic-free zone"!

On another note - I discovered today that if a buyer comes to my store from off-site (like with a link from this Blog) then (if I've added a special code to the URL), I get credited back a certain amount (~75%) of the Final Value Fee. How did I figure this out, you ask? Well I was reviewing my fee activity on my eBay account and saw a couple of entries for Store Referral Credit. "What is that?" I asked myself. So, off to eBay's help section, and a search for "Store Referral Credit".

Yes, this means I somehow got the credit even though the URLs on this Blog didn't have the proper code yet (I've gone back and edited them all now so that they do - so feel free to click and shop! ). Other ways people can get to your store form off site include bookmarking a page, or typing in the URL to your store by hand (if you advertise in print somewhere, for example). So all I can figure is that this guy in Canada who bought a couple of cards from me must have bookmarked them first and come back. Hey, I'm not complaining!

Just to give you an example, let me give you some numbers for the purchase I just mentioned. The gentleman in Canada bought an Ivory Tower and a Power Artifact (both from Antiquities) for $4.00 and $7.50, respectively. I was charged a Final Value Fee of $0.32 and $0.60 respectively for the two items (this is on top of the $0.03 fee each to list them in the store with the "Gallery" option). BUT, because he somehow came to the store from offsite, I was given a Store Referral Credit of $0.24 and $0.45 for the two, respectively. Very nice!

No comments: