Saturday, May 27, 2006

Okay, which do you want first - the bad news, or the bad news?

First off, only two of my auctions for this week sold. Not terrible news, but I thought I had picked items which would draw attention to themselves, and through them, the store. Doesn't seem to have worked so well. Of course, the holiday weekend may have had something to do with it.

Secondly, and most depressingly, is the fact that I was wrong, which is to say I was originally right, about the listing fees. I am in fact getting zapped for $0.03 for each store listing every 30 days. I guess eBay was just a little slow in charging them. This means that since I've got over 2000 listings in the store now, I'll be eating not only the $16.95 monthly fee for the store itself, but also over $60 in listing fees! Ouch! I need to keep a very close eye on the sales over the next month or two to make sure that this store is in fact paying for itself. I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't - I've put a lot of work into all these listings!

Well, hopefully something good will come from that eBay reseller marketplace. I wish more then ever now that I'd won that lot of video games a few days back!

No comments: