Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Amazing Spider-Man 36 CGC 9.6

Hopefully this will be a listing I add to my store in the not-too-distant future. Let me explain.

Yesterday I went through my entire comic book collection again and pulled three more comic boxes full of comics to put up in the store. Between yesterday and today I have photographed all of them (over 300 photos), processed said photos, and I have written up descriptions for about half of one box, and added them to the store so far.

Among the comics I found some gems (like the aforementioned ASM #36 - a World Trade Center tribute issue written by J. Michael Straczynski) which are worth $20 or more (according to the online comic book price guide I consult). This means that they are potentially worth even more if they are in as good a condition as I believe them to be, and I have them officially graded by the CGC (Comics Guaranty, LLC). This is an independent outfit which will (for a small fee of ~$15 per comic) grade your comic books, then seal them in a nice hard plastic slip case so they will remain nice and flaw-free forever and ever.

Never mind that you can't read them any more.

But, I have seen for myself that an officially graded CGC 9.6 (on a 10-point scale) comic will pull in easily double what a non-graded comic can. So, I think it may be worth it to send in some of these comics to get the official stamp, and then reap larger rewards. I kind of wish I had done that with some comics I sold off earlier (Wolverine limited series, the first appearance of The Punisher, some others).

Anyway, once I have sent these off and gotten them graded, I'll report back and let you all know how that process went.

Oh, I still haven't gotten over the loss of that video game lot yesterday. Man, that bummed me out!

No comments: