Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I've just discovered how to turn on titles! What fun!

The 5th Horseman by James Patterson, Gone by Jonathan Kellerman, and False Impression by Jeffrey Archer - three more audiobooks Dad dropped off (via my brother, who has a voice lesson with him every week) to add to the store. Now up for purchase if you'd like :-)

Other than that, not too much to report today, I'm afraid. Well, besides one massive sale. A gentleman from Illinois (howdy, Kyle!) bought 91 cards from me (as 80 "items" - 6 were multi-card sets). He says he hopes to be pleased with the cards, and if so, will return in June or July to buy more. Glad to hear it!

One problem with his order, though - and it's now the third time I've experienced this problem, but I don't think I've ranted about it here as yet (and if I have, it darn well deserves another rant anyway). For some blasted reason, eBay will not let me combine more than 40 items together in one order, meaning a customer like Kyle needs to get two (or more, even - Mr. Tree from the UK a few weeks back got three!) invoices, and needs to pay twice then if they're using PayPal. A minor inconvenience? Sure. A loss of $0.30 for each additional payment to PayPal fees? Yes again. An all around royal pain in the arse? You betcha!

I think I'll drop eBay Customer Service a note and ask why they have this setup. It really makes no sense to me.

And on a complete tangent - I was thrilled and amazed by the wonder that is the internet yesterday. For some reason I had been telling my older son about a silly skit/song/skit thing I heard long ago in high school called "Boot to The Head" by the Frantics. I finally said to myself: "Self, you ought to be able to find that on the internet." So, I Googled "Boot to the Head" and what do you know? The first hit has a transcript and downloadable mp3's of the thing. If you've never heard it before, give it a listen. It's freaking hysterical.

Then I remembered trying to explain to my eldest and my wife (who had somehow never heard it) about Abbot & Costello's famous "Who's on First" comedy dialogue. So, I Googled that as well. Had to go to the second hit to find an mp3 of it (the first had only the transcript). Also worth a listen if you've never heard it.

Okay - that's my plugs for this time around . Shade and sweet water! Okay, one more - lots of Elfquest comics available in the store!

No comments: