Thursday, May 04, 2006

Well, I finished all the audiobooks. Every one of the blasted things (194 of them up at the moment) is listed now. I decided to use an asking price equal to 50% of the cover price - I figure that's not a bad discount if you're looking for a well-treated used item.

Every week I will select ~10 of them to move over to auction format. When a person searches on eBay, the items available in store only shows up if: 1) there are under 30 items available in Auction or Fixed Price formats; or 2) the user specifically selects "include store items" when they search. So, a good way to draw traffic to your store is to put some of your items over into either Auction or Fixed Price - then people find that item when they search, see you have a store, click over to investigate...

At least that's the theory.

It feels weird to not be working on something for the store. I've been working pretty much constantly (with, you know, breaks to eat, sleep, write this blog) for the past 2 weeks or so. I decided that after I finished the audiobooks today, I'd take the rest of the day off. I hardly know what to do with myself! Maybe I'll reintroduce myself to my family :-)

No comments: