Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It's been a while since I've been waiting for this many people to pay me.

It's odd - there were several orders over the last couple of days which just haven't been paid for yet. I'm currently waiting for 6 people to send money. No major orders, all are under $10 total. I'm not sure how long to wait before I send a payment reminder. I don't want to seem rude or impatient, but I do want to get paid and get these things out of the house!

On another front...I'm going to try something completely new today. As a Power Seller I have access to the eBay Reseller Marketplace, where one can buy large lots of stuff for resale. There's an outfit which sells off Circuit City's store returns as large lots, and they have up a lot of PC video games and computer guide books. It's $54 in shipping, and has at least 70 games in it. Current bid is $51. In theory I could make a nice profit on it - and it has the bonus of having a game or two I'm interested in myself.

The drawback? As store returns there's no guarantee the blasted things even work. Why were they returned? No way to know. Could be a gift someone didn't want, and it's in an unopened box, even - great for me. Or, it could have a massive scratch on the CD, and is completely unusable. Not so good.

Here's the actual quote from the description: "These products should be considered to be store returns in untested, used, open box condition, with all flaws to include the possibility of receiving items that are defective." And later at the end: "TRADING CIRCUIT MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE GOODS, AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL PRODUCTS LISTED BY TRADING CIRCUIT ARE SOLD "AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS."" Okay - a tad nervous-making.

But I think I'm willing to gamble on this once and see how it turns out. I'll report later today on whether I won the lot, and how much it cost me total. And then I think I'll periodically update how the sales of that stuff are going (assuming I win it in the first place).

No comments: