Friday, April 21, 2006

I have just finished sorting my cards.

In the past, I had my cards sorted into basically three sections per expansion or edition: common cards, uncommon cards, and "goodies". The last category included all rare cards and also more popular (and therefore pricier) commons and uncommons.

For purposes of the store, I decided to revert to simply common, uncommon and rare, so I had to sort out my "goodies" from the various sets. Also I had pulled ~100 cards out for potential eBay auctions about two years back, and never got around to listing them. They had to go back into place.

The editions I have cards from are: Unlimited, Revised, Fourth and Fifth. The expansions I have cards in are: Antiquities, Legends, The Dark, Chronicles, Ice Age, Fallen Empires, Alliances, Mirage, Homelands, and Visions.

So far I have inventoried (as in typed up descriptions of and taken photos of) only Unlimited (all), Revised (all) and Legends (commons only). I figure I have inventoried roughly 3/8 of my cards, although that does not translate into 3/8 of the work. I have more cards in Revised than any other set, and I only have to write the description of Merfolk of the Pearl Trident once, despite having 50+ copies of the card.

I've got a lot of work ahead of me....and nothing has sold yet from the store. Makes me wonder if I should bother doing the rest of them! Ah - I can't get discouraged yet. The store's only a day old.

Oh, speaking of the store - I finally have some "Sundry" up as well. I added ten of my father's audiobooks today, just so the "Sundry" part of the name made some sense :-)

No comments: