Friday, February 05, 2010

OMG! Foil Jace, the Mindsculptor

Yes, I did just OMG. It's worth it. Trust me.

Today my pre-order of 2 cases of Worldwake came in. As I write this, I have opened 8 boxes of the 12. The plan is to open another 2, then sell the remaining 2 boxes' worth (72 boosters) unopened.

In box #7 I got my fourth copy of the most popular card in the set (Jace, the Mindsculptor) in an early pack (pack #4 for those keeping score). Then, in a later pack (I lost count - sorry), I pulled a FOIL copy of the card. FOIL! [Photo will be inserted tomorrow if you want to see]

To emphasize how amazingly cool this is, let me give you a little market research.

As I type this, there is not a single copy of the foil version available on eBay, nor has anyone sold one in the past however-long eBay keeps "completed listings" data. A Google shopping search reveals only two stores that have this - Troll and Toad for $99.99 (quantity available: 1), and The Wizard's Cupboard (who has it available "for preorder" for a mere $125).

This single card, potentially, pays for over 10% of my entire 2 cases.

At this point I am giving serious consideration to listing this card on eBay tomorrow, just to watch people fight over it. Should be fun. I will keep you updated!

No comments: