Monday, April 16, 2007

Quick store update

Tomorrow I plan to write the next in my series of entries on Cycles. But first a quick update on recent developments (this one's for you, Petunia!).

All of the cards from Lot 7 and Lot 8 have been put up. I still have Lot 9 (the set of Russian 9th Edition cards) and Lot 10 (a bunch of Mercadian Masques, Tempest and Stronghold rares) to go.

On the new store front, I have now moved over all common cards from the Core Sets Unlimited through 9th Edition, as well as all expansions from Ice Age to present. I still want to move some more, but I have under 300 common cards left on the eBay store at present.

The really big cool news is two-fold. First of all, Lot 11 - a lot of 5000+ cards, including 50 unopened packs, that I won this past weekend. I can't wait to get those guys and start processing (yes, I know - it's an illness - what do you want?). And the next is....I have my first official advertisement! I know this Blog kind of serves that function, but now I have an honest-to-goodness ad! The fine folks over at Farpoint Media (I've mentioned before that I listen to some of their podcasts - Slice of SciFi, Wingin' It, etc.) have a "ClickGrid" up whereby listeners can donate money to buy Michael a new sound board. In return, you get space on their grid to put up your logo and turn it into a link to your site. So, Don's Magic and Sundry has purchased four squares of space. The logo is up (you can see the grid at www.sliceofscifi.com if you'd like) right now, but I'm going to try to change it if possible. It turns out that my logo, when shrunk to a 10x40 pixel rectangle, is an illegible blob. So, back to the drawing board if the fine folks at ClickGrid will allow me to. Anyway, I hope to see an increase in traffic to the new store thanks to the ad. Worse case scenario - I have a $60 business expense to take off on next year's taxes!

Okay - all for now. Look for the "Build your own Dragon" Cycle coming soon!

No comments: