Friday, October 27, 2006

Oh, my God! I'm DONE!

Well, mostly.

I just finished getting the last of the non-English cards up into the Store. I now have lots of Italian, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese and Korean cards up for sale. The last ones up were Italian Legends cards from "Lot 4" - one surprise was that Moat is worth in the $60 range. Who knew?

Anyway, I am ecstatically happy to have all that work finished! All that's left to do is deal with Josh's Dungeons & Dragons books, and decide what exactly I'm going to do with the black bordered Chinese 4th Edition cards I bought that arrived yesterday.

I opened up 21 of the 36 packs, and have some good cards in there. A couple of Serra Angels, a Birds of Paradise, a Sengir Vampire, a few other highly-sought-after cards. I also took 15 packs, set them aside unopened, and put them up in the Store asking $15 apiece for them. I have no idea if I'll get it or not, but I'd rather start high.

I'll put one of those packs up for auction, starting at $0.99, on Sunday and see what happens. Once I have a better feel for the Foreign Black Border (FBB) market, I'll know what to do with the cards I opened up.

Well, it's time to head off for a well-deserved break from Store business. The Boys and I made an apple pie, and it's baking as I write this. Hmmmmm....apple pie......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a good move. A store needs continuous new merchandise and one of these cards may just be the one that brings a customer who stumbles on more he/she just has to have. You also must have missed the process of getting listings ready. Too much time on your hands...hah.

Don Wiggins said...

Actually - I think you're right on all fronts. I do need to refresh the inventory (if I want to keep this going - remember this was initially supposed to be a way to get rid of my Magic cards!), and I do miss having stuff to work on. I find myself sitting at my computer thinking "I have nothing to work on" and its rather sad. As much a royal pain as it can be to add inventory, its still kind of fun at the same time!